Monday, September 12, 2005

Short Pause...Maybe

For the next few days, I'm going to be spending my days helping out at the SXSW booth at PopKomm, the German pop-music trade show. Last year I thought I was going to be able to do the blog from there with free Wi-Fi, but it turned out that Messe Berlin, the organization running the event, wanted something like €80 a day for the privilege, which is utterly ridiculous. Of course, Europeans seem to have a completely different relationship to wireless technology than Americans do, seeing it as some sort of precious gift to be paid for commensurate with its rarity.

Anyway, if they've gotten the message (the IFA last week had free wireless, as I understand), I'll try to relieve the boredom of answering self-evident questions ("Are you a record company? Will you listen to my CD?" No. No.) by checking in here and making savage comments about the German record industry and the inhabitants thereof. Otherwise, I'll do it after the circus leaves town.

No comments: