Friday, July 15, 2005

Post-departure Post

Just a few notes here before early Sunday morning arrives and I'm off to Montpellier -- or, rather Besançon, first, and then, the next day, Montpellier.

First, I'm happy to announce that thanks to a ten-Euro card-reader I just bought, I can now get pictures out of my camera again. No directly connecting the camera to the computer, but the card comes out and the little blue box takes what's on it and sticks it here.

So, with that in mind, those of you who were waiting for pictures of my tour with Carl Stone and friends from June will be happy to see this picture of the rehearsal in Strasbourg. That's Min Xiao-Fen on the left, Carl Stone in the center, and Yumiko Tanaka on the right:



And, just to put you in that Fronch frame of mind, a picture I grabbed in Bourges just down the hill from the cathedral:



Needless to say, there'll be pictures from this trip, since I have an invitation to visit an acquaintence in a tiny village, and plans to investigate Toulouse, some of the wine country to the west, and the beaches near Sete. But I'll also be in Montpellier, and so as a special offer to readers of this blog, I'll walk into the place de la Comédie at 6pm Wednesday afternoon, which is 9am West Coast Time, noon East Coast time, and you can probably figure it out from there, and I'm going to stand in a place where the Montpellier webcam can see me, and wave.

So tune in and watch. With any luck, I'll find someplace I can log in and post some of the news while it's happening. Not to mention the pictures.

No comments: