Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Last Pix From The Trip

Time to move on to this blog's real purpose: saying terrible things about Berlin. And I will, I promise!

But just because I know people always like audio-visual aids to long print presentations, here are the last three Montpellier pictures I'm going to post until I go back. The next pictures you see here will either be Berlin graffiti or...well, that would be telling, but I got a good 'un saved up that won't get done until it warms up just a tiny bit more.



This is the Arc de Triomphe I mentioned. I've got my back to the great view. And the wind.



Antigone, looking towards the Polygone. This only hints at the fascist vibe, and the reproductions of famous classical statues are a fairly nice touch. Elsewhere, there are grotesquely out-of-proportion columns set into buildings that are really creepy.



The Comédie. No idea who the dude in the foreground is, but he seemed convinced I was taking his picture. But you can imagine a sea of tables in the summertime out in front of that huge building in the background.

For more pix, take the virtual tour here, which doesn't have half as nice photos as mine, in my opinion. The Polygone entrance can be seen in the Tourism Office panorama, but I wish the view from the top of the Arc de Triomphe was 360 degrees. Ah, well.

No comments: