Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Another Nekkid Lady

I've been wanting to post some more shots of the graffiti around here, but I've fallen woefully behind in both processing the pix and figuring out which of them to put up. Meanwhile, my favorite graffiti artist, Nike, has been doing some wonderful work. There are two more I"ve been meaning to shoot (plus another one on Kastanienallee which is a true dud), but this one appeared very close to my house, and it's everything I like about her work: a kind of primitivism which nonetheless gets some really subtle observation about the woman's body just right -- and some wrong, as witness the hands here. I hope this shows up -- that picture of Rosenthaler Platz yesterday is a true mess, isn't it? -- and I'll try to shoot the others before too long.

No comments: